Events in Val d’Isère this Summer
27th May 2019 | Val d'Isere
Having looked at Morzine’s events last week, we weren’t sure how Val d’Isère was going to live up to the epic line-up over in the Portes du Soleil. But we’ve got to say, we’re impressed! Val d’Isère is a bustling place in the winter and it’s got a great dynamic due to its localised central town area. With a plethora of events to pick from, we’ve narrowed down our favourite pickings for all the family (and energy levels!).
- Market Day. Every Monday from 9am. A selection of local produce and a great opportunity to support local businesses.
- Themed Walking Events. From Barmettes to Marmottes and Chamois to Lakes and Refuges. There are multiple walks a week during the summer depending on your ability or what you’re looking to explore.
- Musical Tuesdays. From 530pm each weekly the main Tourist Office Square becomes an open air concert area.
- Traditional Fornet Village Fete. 17 July. Photo orienteering competition, traditional wooden games, face painting, a show for children, a guided tour of Le Fornet, Live music with DINO and then Savoyard aperitifs at 530pm.
- Kiddies Mornings. Wednesday mornings from 1030am. This free weekly event has a range of themes with games and stories and little shows.
29 June. Until last year, this bikers meet hadn’t come together since 1970! All two-wheelers welcome to join to ascend the Alps’ highest mountain pass.
11-14 July. With electric cars becoming better each year and nearing towards the date when countries are starting to make electric cars a legal requirement, this event sees over 15,000 people every year. Expect test centres, race cars and ‘educational entertainments’.
- Iserane Cycle Event. 23 June. The first cycle meet of the summer sees the road closed between the town and Bonneval. There are even prizes!
- High Trail Vanoise. 5-7 July. One of the most beautiful running races of the summer. With 6 races of differing lengths and vertical ascents there’s something for everyone, even children from 7 years old.
- The 106th Tour de France. 26 July. This year will see the 19th stage of the famous bike race pass through Val d’Isère. The stage will see the cyclists race from St Jean de Maurienne to Tignes. The roads will be closed – access from the lifts from Le Fornet, which will open for free for the day.
- Starlight Golf. 30 July. A new concept! Open to golfers and non-golfers, this golf-by-night event involves aiming at targets with glow-in-the-dark balls! From 630pm expect some top tips, a buffet meal and live music.